It is an excellent idea for schools to ask their students to rate teachers because of the benefits for both the teachers and the students. Teachers will be able to improve their teaching styles
and strategies and students will be able to become more positively involved in school and their studies.
On one hand, teachers who are evaluated can receive concrete advice from their very students on how to improve their teaching skills that would make it more responsive to the needs of the students.
* Teachers will learn about their own weaknesses and work harder to improve in those areas. To be a teacher is not an assurance that one is perfect when it comes to doing the profession. Evaluation will help instructors by reminding them that they must leave room for improvements.
* Hearing about what the students enjoy will encourage teachers tom prepare more interesting and interactive lesson plans. The preparation must be done in accordance with what kind of students a teacher has.
* Teachers could gain ideas for classroom activities from student suggestions. Nobody knows what they want but the students themselves. Their suggestions must be taken very well.
* Teachers would polish themselves to be more competitive. Thus, paving the way to a better educational system in every country. And, we know the world needs it so much.
On the other hand, students will become more interested and involved in their education.
* Students will think seriously about the quality of education they are receiving while writing evaluations. Some of students are passive but when they will be given the chance to evaluate, it will be time for them to realize the value of their studies- and the pay they give for education.
* Students will have the opportunity to play an active role in their education by expressing their concerns. Education is endless but necessary- it is something to be valued.
* They will be awakening to the fact that they need quality teachers and bear in mind that if they become professionals they have to pursue for excellence.
In conclusion, asking students to evaluate their teachers is an important step towards gaining and improving the quality of education. Teachers will gain insight into excellent teaching and also, student participation land performance will improve when students are given the chance to express their opinions. Evaluation is the best form of regulating the good from the poor quality of education.